I've come to realize that when I told you earlier (in my personal post about the skin and I) that my mother never really cared for beauty, that wasn't entirely true. She's never been much for makeup, but I'm realizing, now after being back home, that she's quite the product junky! And so it seems, I am just another chip off the old block after all. Above I have captured the most important treasures from the cabinet, most of which I have used my self.
Starting left we have:
1. Weleda Skin Food. Amazing. Just tried it twice, but already love it enough to order my own version from Lookfantastic: £7.15. Will do a review of this separately I think, its just too good not to.
2. Yves Rocher Autobronzant self tanner and leg shimmer: Haven't tried it, but will soon. Just hope the weather warms up so that I'll be able to flaunt the results of it!
3. Dr. Hauschka Moor Lavender body oil £17.95. I've used this oil after evening showers before, and it's super nice and soothing. I also remember getting lavender scented massages as a child from my mother before falling a sleep, boy was I lucky! Wish that was still part of my bed-time ritual. This oil might also be the reason why I love everything lavender to this day.
4. Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream £14.95. I've used 2 tubes of this in my teens, and there's a reason for it. It cleanses your face through a mix of oils and almond meal granules, that gently rub off makeup and impurities. After rinsing with water your skin feels clean, but super soft and almost moisturized from the oils in it.
5. Dr. Hauschka Toned Day Cream . £26.95. This I LOVE! smells like cinnamon, and leaves your face smooth, a little oily (but in a good way!) and beautifully sun kissed and even.
6. Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk. £22.95. Very nice and oily, so removes makeup perfectly. Your left with a little of an oil film after though, so if you for some reason are apposed to that feeling, this might not be for you.
7. Yves Rocher nutrition almond body lotion. This is really great. It contains almond oil (check out my post on almond oil HERE) , and almond milk to especially moisturize dry skin. It leaves my skin glowing (that nice glisten you get from oils) and super duper soft.
8. L'occitaine olive oil hand cream. Not much to say about it really. Nice, lotion like consistency, but I prefer my hand creams, ehm, creamier, and more fat containing than this seems to be. I should say its a good hand cream now for summer though, it absorbs fast, and leaves your hands nicely moisturized. I found the Rose version of this cream on Strawberrynet, have a look L'Occitane Rose 4 Reines Velvet Hand Cream 75ml/2.6oz
9. Yves Rocher foot scrub and anti-fatigue gel. Really enjoy this foot scrub,as much as a foot scrub can be enjoyed.. I've been using it for years. (My mother has been a mail-order costumer of Yves Rocher for as long as I can remember, much to my pleasure growing up). The gel contains menthol and works as a foot and leg refresher. This one is nice after a long day walking, or as a foot cooler in hotter climates. I much prefer the foot cream in this line though, as I have more need for foot and leg moisture action than refreshing-action. But as I said, in hotter climates it's a great companion to your feet, and if I were going to such a spot in the world, I would most surely steal it from my mum and find a place in my toilet-case for it.
Are there any of the above creams and potions you'd like me to review? Let me know, and I'll give it a try!