If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen this shot before. Lavera Basis Sensitive Cleansing Milk, was the only beauty buy I managed to squeeze in during my exam studying days in Hungary, and only because I really, really needed a cleanser. I was a good study girl. For once.
I've noticed Lavera products popping up in magazines, and on beauty blogs, and alas, the time has come for me to have an opinion on this brand as well!
Full ingredient list: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil*, Alcohol*,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Rosa Damascena Flower Water*, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water*, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Lysolecithin, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lecithin, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Fragrance (Parfum)**, Limonene**, Linalool**, Geraniol**, Citral**, Citronellol**, Benzyl Benzoate**
* ingredients from certified organic agriculture ** natural essential oils
What I like about it:
1. Cleansing with oils will not strip the skin of valuable lipids, especially valuable now that winter is here, and all is cold and drying. Jojoba oil, the oil found in highest quantity in this product, is one of the best skin cleansing oils, as it is non-comedogenic (won't clog pores).
2. It is super gentle, which also comes in handy, now that skin is repeatedly assaulted by the elements and central heating. It contains skin-calming ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, and Sweet Almond oil.
3. Oils dissolve all types of makeup as well as grit and dirt, and so this is an excellent cleanser for makeup-free to makeup-full nights. Limiting that extra step of makeup removal before cleansing.
4. It can be used on eyes as well as face. Hooray! This is a quality I absolutely love about this product. I massage a little of it into my mascara laden lashes, and hey presto! I can was it off with water, all in one sweep.
5. It's super Clarisonic friendly, being non-abrasive, and non-foaming, it's perfect on the bristles of my Mia gentle skin brush.
6. It's organic, paraben free, vegan and friendly all around, nothing not to like about that!
7. Last but not least, it's extremely good value for money! I bought mine for about £7 at my local drug store.
I use this every day and night, on its own, or with my Mia Clarisonic. This is an excellent winter skin-cleanser, and I highly recommend it to all skin types, especially the most sensitive types out there. Unfortunately it's unavailable at lookfantastic and feelunique at the moment, but have a look at your local drugstore/health store, and I'll update this post and also my favorite products when an online link to this is found.