The other day I was contacted by BYAS.no, an online magazine and part of the regional newspaper Stavanger aftenblad. They wanted to do an interview for a couple of articles on skincare for their readers, mainly in the age group 20-30 years. If you're a Norwegian reader, you can read the full interview here.
They asked for my 5 best skincare tips for 20-30 year olds, here's a summary in English.
1. Use sunscreen. I will never stop saying this. SPF is so important, and preventative. I saw an interview with J.Lo the other day, where she explained how she stayed out of the sun for years between her 20's and 30's, and said "that really saved her skin". I wish someone would have told me this growing up.
2. Clean your face right. More on that here.
3. Eat for your skin. I've never been a big dieter for weight loss purposes, but I do take care to eat skin-consciously. This is another thing I wished I would have known the effects of sooner. I've done a few articles on this topic before, like this one.
4. Don't smoke, drink alcohol carefully, and get enough sleep. Pretty self explanatory. It all boils down to keeping your system healthy, that way the skin is less prone to inflammatory damage, and accelerated aging.
5. Exfoliate. Something we all should do, no matter the age. I recommend regular exfoliation using an acid based product, in f. Ex a night cream, or an at home peel-kit. Glycolic acid, or retinols are great for your twenties to thirties. They boost cell turnover and collagen formation, even out skin tone, while also combating acne.
I hope you fellow 20+ year olds found this useful! Remember, there's not that much too it, just a good SPF and some glycolic in the evening will make a huge difference to your future skin.