Fun fact: My 3 favorite places in the whole world are; Libraries, churches and.. pharmacies, and may I add, the bigger the better, except for churches, I quite like small sized churches. I don't know if its the sense of devout that is present in all these locations that makes me feel so safe, and at home, or if it is that quiet stillness in them that soothes me, introvert as I am. I find comfort in the smell of old books, burning candles, and pharmaceuticals on shelves. Weird, I know.
I wanted to do a post on my favorite French Pharmacy products, since I`m off to Paris with my bestie tomorrow. Many of them have become widely available in the last couple of years, especially in Europe, and most Norwegian and Swedish pharmacies will now carry the big ones like Vichy, La Roche Posay, and Avène.
I've tried to include my best buys to this date, as well as one or two I would like to buy when I'm there now.
- Embryolisse - creepy name, but very well known and popular moisturizer that is a favorite among models and makeup artists alike. It is nurturing and skin plumping, but may be a little heavy for pimple prone and oily skin.
- Avène High Protection Tinted Compact SPF 50 - A longtime favorite, blends in beautifully with a buffing brush, and is a great addition OVER - not instead of- sunscreen during the summer months.
- A-Derma Epitheliale - Skin barrier repairing cream, very good post peels, abrasive AHA or retinol use, and perfect for eczema skin. Contains oat milk to calm and heal.
- Homeoplasmine - This I want to try. Makeup artists and models have been raving about this all over. It sounds like a Vaseline type ointment a' la Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream, originally designed for use on chapped nipples after breastfeeding, but mostly used on lips and sore skin.
- La Roche Posay Serozinc - Will buy this as well. Zink containing facial mist that can calm irritated or acne prone skin, as well as promote anti inflammation in all skin types.